Vetericyn™ is the first non-toxic broad-spectrum topical antimicrobial on the market. The landscape-altering wound and infection control technology kills bacteria (including staph and drug-resistant MRSA), viruses, fungi and spores without harming healthy tissue. Vetericyn™ replicates the immune system's natural response to invading pathogens with an oxidative burst of neutrophils, the most common white blood cells in the body. The body recognizes this as a friendly infection-treating ally. Within seconds of applying Vetericyn VF™, blood flow increases and wound-healing nutrients are delivered to the site. Harmful pathogens are eradicated and accelerated healing begins.
Vetericyn has a special veterinary formulation of the technology, called Vetericyn VF. At nearly double the potency of the original Microcyn-based formulation, Vetericyn VF offers a powerful new product option that works in tandem with an animal's immune system to fight infection and speed healing time.
Key benefits of Vetericyn™ and Vetericyn™ VF include:
- Broad spectrum infection treatment - Vetericyn™ is scientifically designed to treat a wide variety of wounds, skin ulcers and abrasions. It can be used to treat hot spots, ring worm, pigeon fever, rain and cinch rot, eye and ear infections, fungal infections, skin rashes, cuts and burns, post-surgical incisions and topical infections.
- Reduces inflammation and eliminates odor - Vetericyn™ inhibits the release of histamines which cause chronic wound inflammation. Wound odor is also eliminated as the result of bacteria eradication, by killing bacteria, helping to keep flies and other pests away from outdoor animals during treatment.
- Accelerates healing time -Wounds treated with Vetericyn™ have demonstrated a reduction in healing time of up to 60 percent
- Safe as water - Vetericyn™ is pH neutral and can be used safely in the eyes, mouth and nose without stinging, irritation or shock. With a safety profile similar to saline, it will not cause injury if ingested by animals. . In vitro results show that Vetericyn™ can safely kill 99.9999 percent of most single-cell pathogens within 30 seconds. Treatment with Vetericyn™ more than doubles the oxygen supply at the wound site within 30 seconds and maintains that level for up to 36 hours. This increased oxygen and the eradication of infection are responsible for the accelerated healing time.
- Convenient - Vetericyn™ is ready for immediate use with no mixing or dilution required. Unlike betadine or iodine, gloves and other safety equipment are not required to apply Vetericyn™ and there is no staining or mess. Vetericyn™ is a "no-rinse"formula, leaving no film or residue that needs to be cleaned off the animal.
- Proven safe and effective - The Microcyn® Technology platform utilized by Vetericyn™ has been used to successfully treat over one million human patients
- Extended shelf life, remains sterile - Unlike saline, a container of Vetericyn™ will remain sterile after opening. Users simply recap tightly and store at room temperature out of direct sun. Vetericyn has a shelf life of 18 months. without a single serious adverse effect. Its testing includes 28 human clinical studies, two animal studies and five FDA 510(k) clearances.
- Environmentally friendly - Vetericyn™ is as safe on the environment as it is on the patient. The non-toxic, pH neutral formula does not require any special handling or disposal precautions. Vetericyn solution is 100 percent biodegradable.
- Safe for Competition - Vetericyn™ is steroid-free and antibiotic-free. Because it contains no banned substances, it "tests free"on competitive animals and is compatible with other treatments.
Inventory: In Stock
Shipping Weight: 2.00 pounds