Safe-Guard® Paste 10% Equine Dewormer
Safe-Guard® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% contains the active anthelmintic, fenbendazole. Each gram of Safe-Guard® Paste 10% contains 100 mg of fenbendazole and is flavored with artificial apple-cinnamon liquid. The antiparasitic action of Safe-Guard® Paste 10% is believed to be due to the inhibition of energy metabolism in the parasite.
Safe-Guard® Paste 10% is indicated for the control of large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris), encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, small strongyles, pinworms (Oxyuris equi), ascarids (Parascaris equorum), and arteritis caused by fourth stage larvae of Stongylus vulgaris in horses.
Safe-Guard® Paste 10% is approved for use concomitantly with an approved form of trichlorfon. Trichlorfon is approved for the treatment of stomach bots (Gasterophilus spp.) in horses. Refer to the manufacturer's label for directions for use and cautions for trichlorfon.
Directions for Use:
(1) Determine the weight of the horse.
(2) Remove syringe tip.
(3) Turn the dial ring until the edge of the ring nearest the tip lines up with zero.
(4) Depress plunger to advance paste to tip.
(5) Now set the dial ring at the graduation nearest the weight of the horse (do not underdose).
(6) Horse's mouth must be free of food.
(7) Insert nozzle of syringe through the interdental space and deposit the paste on the back of the tongue by depressing the plunger.
25 gram paste 10% (100 mg/g). Tube size is 4" and the nozzle is 1-1/2".
Search: horse wormer
There is no Additional Information listed for this product.
Read All Reviews
There are currently no reviews for this product.